Members: Open to all Members of the Association
Focus: Volunteers help to beautify and enhance the neighborhood, especially the public spaces of the traffic islands and Scates Park
- Conduct long-range landscape planning of public spaces within the neighborhood
- Coordinate landscaping, gardening, tree planting and other neighborhood beautification projects
- Facilitate the Buckets & Boots Kids Club
- Coordinate the annual herb and plant sale at the Spring Picnic and Pumpkin Party
- Manage the Friends of Scates volunteer group
Committee reports and related stories can be found below.
Push to grow local neighborhood associations
“It’s completely invaluable.” Terrell Heights Neighborhood Association President Jenny Heymann describes the beautification efforts. http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/push-to-grow-local-neighborhood-associationsRead more.
Traffic Island Plans
The Beautification Committee has worked with designers to help develop a consistent approach to all the traffic islands in TerrellRead more.
Improvements Underway at Kenilworth Park
It is the smallest traffic island in Terrell Heights to be sure, but a testament to the fact that anyRead more.
Park Partnership with Mt. Calvary Lutheran Church
The Terrell Heights Neighborhood Association has entered into a new partnership with Mt. Calvary Lutheran Church for a joint adoptionRead more.
Volunteers ready Scates Park for annual picnic
It was unseasonably cool on the morning of Saturday, April 5th . . . perfect for a little yard work. EvenRead more.